Small Town Romance
The McAdams Sisters #1
Kate McAdams was forced six years ago to leave her beloved hometown of Willow Valley, leaving behind her family and the only man she’s ever loved, Marc Caliendo. Although she has created a new life for herself away from the drama, secrets and stress of the small town, she must return upon her grandmother’s death. Her return brings back wonderful memories, especially of Marc, but also horrible fears from the past.
When fate throws her and Marc together once again, how can they ignore the everlasting love and desire between them? Will Kate stay and face her demons or will the deceit and secrets of the past destroy any future they may have and force her to leave again?
“Lakeshore Secrets” is the first STANDALONEin the “By The Lake” series, about the McAdams sisters, from author Shannyn Leah.
FREE to buy on ALL ebook platforms
Fun facts about writing Lakeshore Secrets:
1. Lakeshore Secrets was my first book published online March 2016.
2. I wrote Lakeshore Secrets in less than a month ;)
3. I only did so and published Lakeshore Secrets because my Momma told me to finish one of my novels and give it to her. She then sent it to the editor, hired a professional book cover designer, whom I did end up working with to design my cover, and SHE (my Momma) listed Lakeshore Secrets online.
4. Kate was coming out of a bad relationship with a man beater...but it didn't suit her personality.
5. Originally (when I found my notes from years ago outlining this fun family) Mrs. Calvert was named Mrs. Conner. Haylee was named Megan.
6. There was a scene where Kate caught her ex-boyfriend in the shower with another woman...and my editor said, "take it out"
7. There was also a deleted tennis match where Kate got in on with Melissa..., so originally it took place in the summer and not the fall.
8. My sister read every chapter as I wrote it, texting me all her thoughts during the entire book...she also couldn't handle the end, which I won't describe for those who haven't read it yet, but the moment Marc found Kate in a flower of papers, and the truth was revealed...she likely cried. Didn't admit, but I'm convinced she did.
9. I wrote the first whole draft on my phone and instead of copy and pasting it to my computer (because I didn't think of it) I re-typed the entire book onto my computer!
10. Grace McAdams, The McAdam's mother had been killed in a conspiracy to do with...you know who...no other than Robert Caliendo...and this was a little chapter I wrote to get a feel of Gran's perspective. As we all know Robert had nothing to do with Grace's death...at least I don't think he did...
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7oz sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 5 crushed graham crackers
- ½ chocolate bar, chopped
- ¼ cup marshmallow fluff
- Using an electric mixer on medium level, beat the cream until firm peaks form.
- Reduce the speed to low and beat in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until it’s combined. Your mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the graham crackers, chopped chocolate bar, marshmallow fluff and mix together.
- Scoop the delicious ice cream mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 5 ½ hours, or until firm.